Find out about our acceptance guidelines and if you may be eligible for our services.
If your landlord is trying to evict you, raise your rent, shut off your utilities, is refusing to give back a security deposit or is not making necessary repairs, SMRLS may be able to help.
Cases we normally handle:
Problems with your landlord, including where:
- The landlord is not making repairs to address serious repair problems
- The landlord has illegally changed the locks
- The landlord has illegally retaliated for a tenant enforcing their rights
- Evictions from manufactured homes
- Where there are children in the household;
- the family receives a rental assistance subsidy;
- the head of the household has special needs;
- the landlord is discriminating against the household; or
- there are serious repair problems.
We also handle cases where:
- We can help homeowners keep their houses
- The household is facing the loss of a rental assistance subsidy
- We can help tenants who are victims of illegal housing discrimination enforce their rights.
- A family or individual is being denied access to public housing because of discrimination or because they were a victim of domestic violence
- LawHelpMN - Housing
- Minnesota Judicial Branch Self-Help Center - Landlord and Tenant
- Landlords and Tenants: Rights and Obligations - Office of MN Attorney General