Effective Date: July 3, 2018
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the Site is hosted in the United States. Therefore, your information, including any personal information provided pursuant to the Site, may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of the Site or your submission of any information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your information outside of your country of residence, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country. Please contact us at 651-228-9823 and ask for the Development Assistant if you have any questions about how your information may be processed or stored in the United States.
Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information in the manner described below.
1. You may voluntarily provide us with information, directly and indirectly through a third party, including:
● Your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, organization, languages spoken fluently, resume, cover letter, reference information, admission date, client and case information, donor information, sponsor information and related information and other information to use the Site;
- Information when you contact or interact with us (for example, regarding support, legal and other services, employment or other requests); and
- Any other information you voluntarily provide us with, including your comments, questions, messages and other content in connection with using the Site.
- Operating system;
- Browser type;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Domain name of your Internet service provider;
- Your geographic location;
- The Site pages that you visit and the time of your visits; and
- Aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify you when you use or visit the Site.
2. We may automatically collect other information about you, including:
3. We may collect information about you from publicly available sources.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes, including:
- The purposes for which you provided it;
- To provide the Site to you, including any notifications or updates relating to the Site;
- To create or add to your user profile or registered account;
- To process and respond to your inquiries and comments (for example, regarding support, legal and other services, employment or other requests);
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- To improve the Site or to develop new products and services;
- To identify you as a user of the Site;
- To allow you to participate in surveys;
- To contact you with information, including event announcement information, that we believe will be of interest to you, done either by us or a third party;
- For research that we or a third party may perform regarding the Site;
- To create anonymous data, which we may use for any purpose;
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- To analyze the Site;
- To allow us to personalize and enhance your experience using the Site;
- To send you emails;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability or popularity of the Site;
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our users and our business;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Site; and
How We May Disclose Your Information
1. Third Parties. We may use third parties to perform functions in connection with the Site (for example, in connection with donations and sponsorships, credit card and other payment transactions, etc.). We may share information about you that they need to perform their functions and in accordance with our agreements with them.
2. Business Changes. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, conversion or other transaction, we may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
3. Investigations and Law. Regardless of the choices you make regarding your information (as described below) and to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may disclose information about you to third parties to:
4. Aggregated Anonymous Information. We may share aggregated anonymous information relating to visitors to and users of the Site with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
5. Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track. Please see Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track below.
Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer.
- Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s computer after the browser has been closed.
- Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s computer when they close the browser software.
You can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies. But if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Site.
- Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual user's online activities over time and across different Internet services when a user uses the Site.
To opt out of Google Analytics, please see: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Do Not Track. At this time, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals sent from Web browsers or other mechanisms that provide users the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about a user’s online activities over time and across third party Internet services.
While we take reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures to protect the information you submit via the Site against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other communications sent through the Site may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Site and take special care in deciding which information you provide us with.
Links to Other Websites
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding the use of information on the Site.
1. Changing Your Information. You may make changes to your information, including accessing your information, correcting or updating your information or deleting your information by contacting us at 651-228-9823 and ask for the Development Assistant.
2. Email Communications. You can make changes regarding receiving email communications from us by contacting us at 651-228-9823 and ask for the Development Assistant.
3. Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track. Please see Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track above.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under age 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any personal information through the Site. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 18, please contact us immediately at 651-228-9823 and ask for the Development Assistant.
How to Contact Us